Our Step-by-Step Guide to Renting A Property

Renting a property through RyeView Homes is simple; we aim to help you through the process of finding, securing and moving you into your new home with minimum possible stress!

Once you have decided to secure a property to rent with us, we will require an initial Administration Fee of £360 which takes the property off the market and covers all the pre-tenancy costs for a maximum of 3 people, any additional applicants will be charged at £120 per applicant. Students and Sharers will incur an Administration Fee of £180 per person, inclusive of any guarantors. The Administration Fee is non-refundable unless the Landlord decides not to proceed with the tenancy for reasons other than acceptable references being unobtainable.

In order for us to submit a formal offer to the landlord, you will be required to complete an application for tenancy where you may state any special conditions of the offer. All Tenants moving into the property will need to complete a Tenant Application and Referencing Form to establish your financial status and credit rating.

A dilapidations deposit of 1½ month’s rent is also payable along with the first month’s rent in advance, prior to the commencement of the tenancy and these monies must be paid by cleared funds. Your deposit will be protected under a Deposit Protection Scheme.

To satisfy the landlord that you are able to pay the rent, each prospective Tenant (over the age of 18 years), will need to be vetted through our chosen independent referencing agency. This will include credit checks.

You will also need to provide the following documents:

  • Proof of I.D (Passport ID / Driving Licence).
  • Utility Bill (Council Tax, Gas, Electric, Water Bill no older than 3 months)
  • 3 Months Bank Statements (No older than 3 months).
  • 3 Months Payslips (No older than 3 months).
  • If you are a student you will need to provide proof of your student status.
  • Landlord & Employer References will be obtained by either RyeView Homes or the referencing agency.

In some cases, you may require a UK based guarantor to underwrite the rent. This is usually the case when the Tenant is a student, self-employed or has only been employed for a short period of time. The guarantor will also need to provide us with the documents listed above.

If you require any further information or advice and would like to talk to one of our members of staff please contact us.